TRADE NAME REGISTRATION
A trade name, also known as an assumed name, refers to the name under which a business operates which might not be the official registered name of the company for example a company called ABC (Private) Limited might use CBA as their trade name.
If you are intending to use a trade name in Zimbabwe, you’re supposed to register the name with the Companies Registry and you will likely find yourself in need of administrative support. Which is where we step in.
With our expertise, we can deliver a trade name registration service in Zimbabwe.
We will help you register a trade name from preparing the resolutions, minutes and filing the documents with the Companies Registry.
HOW CAN WE HELP
To discuss how Numeri can help you, simply call, email or Whatsapp or complete our contact form and one of our experts will contact you.
T: +263 (242) 753 168
M: +263 786 507 513
DROP US A LINE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS A TRADE NAME?
A trade name, also known as an assumed name, refers to the name under which a business operates which might not be the official registered name of the company. Here are some key things to know about trade names:
- A trade name is not the same as the legal registered name of a business entity. It’s simply the name that the business uses or trades under on a daily basis.
- Trade names allow businesses to create branding and an identity that is separate from the owner’s personal name.
- Registration of a trade name provides notice to the public of how a business represents itself.
- In Zimbabwe, trade names need to be registered with the Companies Registry.
- The same rules that apply to registering company names apply to registering trade names.
- Using a trade name requires the owner to always indicate the legal business name as well when signing contracts and other legal documents.
ARE TRADE NAMES REGISTERED IN ZIMBABWE?
Yes, trade names are required to be registered with the Companies Registry. Here are some key points about trade name registration:
- In Zimbabwe , trade names are registered with the Companies Registry.
- Registration provides public notice that the business operates under an assumed name and prevents others from using a confusingly similar name.
- Once approved, the trade name is added to the Companies Registry register/database that anyone can search to check name availability or view ownership details.
- When you register a trade name you will receive a certificate of assumed name.
So in summary, registration establishes public notice and priority of use, preventing unauthorized copying of the assumed business name. It is compulsory in Zimbabwe.
HOW CAN I ORDER THIS SERVICE?
You can order this service by calling, texting, WhatsApp +263 (242) 753 168 or 0778 702 715 or email email@example.com
Once an entity is set up, we provide a range of services to keep it in good standing—from post incorporation technical support to ongoing renewal and maintenance services—allowing clients to focus on their core business.
NUMERI OFFERS SERVICES TO INDIVIDUALS, SMALL TO MEDIUM ENTERPRISES (SME's), FAMILY OWNED BUSINESSES (FOB's) OR THOSE COMING IN THE ZIMBABWEAN JURIDICTION FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME, SPECIALISING IN BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENT, CORPORATE SECRETARIAL, TAXATION, FIDUCIARY SERVICES AND ADVISORY.
50 Jason Moyo Avenue,
Suite 208 - 209,
View Google Map
T: (0242) 753 168
M: 0778 702 715
© Numeri Secretarial Services
Terms of Business